Tell God You Love Him By Committing To Him
By Rick Warren
— May 21, 2014
“So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him” (Romans 12:1 MSG).
One way you can express your love for God is by being committed to Him. This is what love is really all about: commitment. You don’t really love somebody unless you’re committed to their best.
Nothing significant ever happens in life without commitment. Your commitments determine your future. You are becoming whatever you are committed to, so choose your commitments carefully. If you’re committed to the wrong thing, you’re going to become the wrong thing.
You can’t lose by being committed to God. The Bible tells us in 2 Chronicles 16:9 that God is looking for people whose hearts are fully committed to Him so that He can bless and use them.
What does it mean to be fully committed to God?
• Giving my life to Jesus Christ.
• Committing my life to His family—the body of Christ, which is the church—and joining a church family.
• Choosing to grow spiritually and become more and more like Jesus Christ everyday in my character.
• Using my talents and gifts to help others.
• Sharing the good news with other people and fulfilling the mission and purpose God put me on this earth to do.
These commitments show that worship is not just something that happens in the four walls of a church building. Worship can happen anywhere as you “take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering” (Romans 12:1b MSG).